X Factor Contestants Song Choices - By You and Five Different Artists
THE JUKEBOX SONG CHOICES FOR THE X FACTOR FINALISTS ARE REVEALED
The theme on this week’s X Factor is Jukebox and the finalists will sing two songs for the first time this series on Saturday nights show.
For one song the choices were thrown open to the public and for the other song they were chosen by a special celebrity artist – One Direction, Sam Smith, Emeli Sandé, Little Mix and Tulisa Contostavlos
The public have voted and the results are in:
· Andrea – Hero by Enrique Iglesias
· Ben – Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
· Fleur – If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys
· Lauren – Don’t You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia
· Stereo Kicks – Run by Snow Patrol
The second song has been carefully picked by different music artist for each finalist, and the songs are as follows:
· Andrea – Chandelier by Sia, chosen by Sam Smith. Sam had the following to say about Andrea’s song, ”I worked with Sia about 6 months ago and I remember being in the booth with her and her voice is just ridiculous, and when I heard Andrea’s voice for the first time I remember feeling that same kind of reaction. The song is so difficult to sing but I genuinely from my heart think Andrea can do this. This is a huge, huge challenge and I think you’ve got to challenge yourself. Everyone I know loves that song, and everyone I know loves Andrea’.
· Ben - Come Together by The Beatles, chosen by One Direction. One Direction said of their song choice for Ben, “We thought it was a really obvious choice for Ben, Come Together by The Beatles. We think he could really own it and his voice has the perfect tone for a song like that. We know he will smash it!”
· Fleur - A Fool In Love by Tina Turner, chosen by Emeli Sandé, who said the following about her choice for Fleur, “Fleur’s voice is absolutely designed for a song like this, she can carry it so should be as soulful as possible; because when you dig the soul out it connects with people unlike anything else. I know she will do it some proper justice and I wish her the best of luck.”
· Lauren - Clarity by Zedd, chosen by Little Mix who commented, “We thought hard about the kind of artist that Lauren is and what kind of song would really show off her voice, and Clarity was the one we landed on. Lauren has made the public fall in love with her, so she just needs to keep doing what she is doing.”
· Stereo Kicks - Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars, chosen by Tulisa Contostavlos, who said; “I'm proud to be part of the X Factor family and I'm very excited to be involved this year. I was more than happy to help my Lou Lou out and nominate a song for Stereo Kicks to perform. I think the boys are brilliant and can’t wait to see what they do with the song on Saturday night’s show."
The X Factor airs on Saturday and Sunday night at 8pm on ITV.
The Xtra Factor airs at 9.45pm on Saturday and 9pm on Sunday on ITV2.