Just Simon Cowell
25 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Simon Cowell
With America's Got Talent starting on Tuesday, Simon Cowell reveals 25 things we probably didn't know about him.
1. The first single I ever bought was “She Loves You” by The Beatles.
2. My ideal day is probably being on holiday: getting up late, jet-skiing, swimming, afternoon tea, a nap, a bath, go out for dinner, get drunk — and start all over again!
3. My worst habit is smoking cigarettes.
4. My other worst habit is repeating myself when I’m making a point.
5. I actually like British comfort food. It’s the same stuff I ate as a kid.
6. My favorite thing about London is the weather. It’s the best when it’s raining on a Sunday and you can watch a movie.
7. I have banned Dora the Explorer. I told [my 2-year-old son] Eric that Dora has left to go on a permanent holiday. Her voice is annoying! Now Peppa Pigis his favorite.
8. I love [my onetime America’s Got Talent cohost] Jerry Springer. I remember when a friend called me the first time we had it in England and said, “You have got to watch this guy on TV – you won’t believe it!”
9. I love my dogs [Yorkies Freddie, Squiddly and Diddly] so much. I take them on holidays, I let them sleep in the bed and sometimes one gets in the bath with me.
10. I love licorice.
11. If I could trade places with anyone for a day, it would be Frank Sinatra in the 1950s.
12. Eric has me wrapped around his little finger. I let him stay up late to watch cartoons.
13. My L.A. indulgence is In-N-Out burgers.
14. I’m addicted to House of Cards. I’ll confess: I get drunk when I watch it, to the point where I can’t remember what happened the next day.
15. I’m a secret-keeper. Even Paula Abdul was convinced I wasn’t coming to the American Idol finale!
Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul at the last ever American Idol
16. I love taking baths.
17. At the moment I like to eat Cheerios for breakfast. But I freeze the milk so it’s literally ice cold.
18. I also love Corona Light beer freezing cold, with a slice of lime.
20. There were loads of times when I thought the wrong person won on American Idol.
21. I have a phobia of clowns.
22. I plan to clone my dogs.
23. My pre-show ritual is breathing in oxygen through a bottle. I fall asleep sometimes because I get so bored in auditions, so I do oxygen to wake me up.
24. I hate shopping.
25. I once wanted to be frozen after I died, until I realized that they chop your head off when they freeze you!
SOURCE: US Weekly