Simon Cowell steps in to help save the life of Newcastle toddler Kian Musgrove
X Factor judge Simon Cowell surprises Kian's mum by phoning her at her son's hospital bedside and offering £25,000 to his appeal.
Simon Cowell has stepped in to help save the life of a little Newcastle boy fighting cancer for the second time.
The music mogul was so touched by the story of Kian Musgrove that he has agreed to donate £25,000 and pay for flights to a specialist American clinic for the critically ill three-year-old.
Simon broke the news to Kian’s mum during a surprise phone call as she sat at her son’s hospital bedside at the Royal Victoria Infirmary on Wednesday.
Mum Kat, 27, told their local paper The Chronical: “I can’t believe it, I have tears streaming down my face.
“He just called up and said he wanted to help and said he would drop £25,000 into our fundraising account.
“I’m still trying to get my head around it all. He was so nice and kind and just said he wanted to do something to help.”
Simon stepped in after hearing about our campaign to get Kian to America for £500,000 relapse treatment after the toddler was diagnosed with an aggressive form of childhood cancer for the second time.
Kat said: “He’s also offered to pay our flights to the New York clinic too.”
Kat, of Newbiggin Hall, said: “It was such a lovely surprise which has come at such a difficult time. This means so much.
“I want to thank everyone who has donated, everyone has been incredibly kind.”
Kian has just a few weeks to raise the £500,000 needed to get specialist relapse treatment in New York after he was diagnosed with neuroblastoma.
Thanks to the kindness and charity work of people across the North East, more than £400,000 has been raised so far.
To help Kian visit his fundraising page http://www.kapipal.com/caringforkian