• Just Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell Believes The Burglar Who Raided His Home Had Inside Knowledge



Simon Cowell believes the burglar who raided his home while he and his family slept had “inside knowledge” of the mansion.

And he said knowing the intruder had passed just “three feet” from where he lay asleep “creeps” him out.

Simon was asleep upstairs with partner Lauren Silverman, and their son Eric, during the raid at the £35million house in the early hours of December 4.

He said: “He got up to the first floor and there were two doors, one to my bedroom and one to my bathroom, which leads to a dressing room where the safe was.

“So he could have walked into my bedroom. Instead, he chose the other so he went through the bathroom. I think he had inside knowledge, definitely.”

It is thought possible the burglar used council planning applications, which are available to the public, to study the layout of the West London property.

Talking to The Mirror about the build-up to the raid, Simon said: “I went to bed early that night. I’m normally up quite late.” His three Yorkshire Terriers had been with him.

Of the items stolen – said to include jewellery and cash – Simon said: “It was mainly Lauren’s stuff. The first thing you think about is, ‘OK, that’s insured so it’s not the end of the world’.

“It’s just the feeling of that invasion, that someone was three feet away from you. It kind of creeps you out a bit.”

He said: “It could have been a lot worse. Don’t forget three years ago I had some girl who got into my house with a rock and was hiding at the top of my wardrobe.

“It’s invasive, it’s frightening when you think about it afterwards because I am a dad now.

“That’s the thing that really freaked me out, the fact this guy was able to get in and if it had been someone like the person before, it could have been a lot worse.”

Simon has now stepped up security. He said: “It’s a wake-up call. I’ve changed lots of things to make it harder to get into.

“This is happening hundreds of times a day across the country, I’m not the only one.

“Most people, like me, think, ‘At least no one got hurt’.”

Police yesterday said they had arrested a man in connection with the raid. The man, 37, who has been bailed until January, was not one of Simon’s household staff.

#SimonCowell

Leave a Comment

1 comment

Name

Date

Information

Load More

© 2012 - 2020 JustSimonCowell