• Just Simon Cowell

Man Charged With Breaking Into Simon Cowell's London Home



Police today charged a man for burglary following the break-in at Simon Cowell's house last December. The man has been named as Darren February, 32.

A spokesman for the Met Police said: “He is due to appear on bail at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, 5 October. This follows an investigation by officers from Kensington and Chelsea CID.”

Simon was left shaken when his house was broken into while he, girlfriend Lauren Silverman and son Eric slept.


Speaking about the raid last December, Cowell said: 'He got up to the first floor and there were two doors, one to my bedroom and one to my bathroom, which leads to a dressing room where the safe was.

'So he could have walked into my bedroom. Instead, he chose the other so he went through the bathroom. I think he had inside knowledge, definitely.'


Talking at the time about the burglary, Simon said: 'I went to bed early that night. I'm normally up quite late.' His three Yorkshire Terriers had been with him.

“It was nerve-racking. Lauren was woken up with me and we checked on Eric. “That was the first thing we did, to make sure he was OK."

Of the items stolen - said to include jewellery and cash - Simon said: 'It was mainly Lauren's stuff. The first thing you think about is, 'OK, that's insured so it's not the end of the world'.

'It's just the feeling of that invasion, that someone was three feet away from you. It kind of creeps you out a bit.'

Simon has since stepped up security, saying: 'It's a wake-up call. I've changed lots of things to make it harder to get into.

'This is happening hundreds of times a day across the country, I'm not the only one. Most people, like me, think, 'At least no one got hurt.''

#SimonCowell

Leave a Comment

1 comment

Name

Date

Information

Load More

© 2012 - 2020 JustSimonCowell